I don't know what I was thinking about this but I really wanted to change my voicemail message to this.
"Hello you have reached the office of admissions at Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry. The office is closed at the moment. Please send all owls to the owlry located on the fifth floor of the astrology tower. Please note that howlers may take up to 2-7.5 muggle days to deliver. All urgent questions regarding admissions to magical programs should be directed to headmaster Albus Dumbledore. Fizzing whizzbees will not be accepted. Have a splendid day! Cheers!"
For the record, I came up with that myself. I didn't copy and paste something from one of those stumble upon/lolcats/funnypics/memes/reddit type websites. haha but wouldn't it be hilarious to call someone and all of a sudden you hear a British voice telling you you've called Hogwarts? I would be amused.
But I decided that changing my voicemail would be stupid, since I'm currently on the hunt for jobs and internships, I don't want potential recruiters to call my cell and think that I'm a twelve year old, even though deep down inside I still am one.
Also another thing... So I passed by a dining hall one day and decided to take a look at the comments and requests board (where people can post requests or complaints or comments about the dining hall and i realized that SOME PEOPLE ARE SO RUDE!! I mean come on guys, our dining hall staff work really hard to cook and clean for us and you people have the audacity to be that mean? So the other day we had "Armenian Night" aka knock-off "Armenian" food. Not particularly tasty, not particularly authentic. Oh well right? I mean what can a small dining hall with limited resources honestly produce. But no, some people complained that the food sucked and that they were OFFENDED that the dining hall didn't cook authentic armenian food. They went on to complain that the dining hall staff needs to get their facts straight and do a little research first before daring to cook "Armenian" food. HOW RUDE. Ok ITS A DINING HALL. NOT A RESTAURANT. I know it wasn't very good and not very real. but really? you have to nit-pick and act all pompous about the authenticity of the food? Is it really worth writing a nasty note complaining that some how our dining hall staff somehow infringed upon your dignity as a real Armenian person? I have nothing against Armenians. I have things against people who get offended by EVERYTHING. and complain about EVERYTHING. SO ANNOYING. and SO RUDE. And for the record, the dining hall makes "chinese/asian/thai/korean/japanese/etc" not to mention authentic food every week. You don't see me getting all puffed up and offended even if the jasmine rice sucks. and I like my rice.
ok. end rant.
But I decided that changing my voicemail would be stupid, since I'm currently on the hunt for jobs and internships, I don't want potential recruiters to call my cell and think that I'm a twelve year old, even though deep down inside I still am one.
Also another thing... So I passed by a dining hall one day and decided to take a look at the comments and requests board (where people can post requests or complaints or comments about the dining hall and i realized that SOME PEOPLE ARE SO RUDE!! I mean come on guys, our dining hall staff work really hard to cook and clean for us and you people have the audacity to be that mean? So the other day we had "Armenian Night" aka knock-off "Armenian" food. Not particularly tasty, not particularly authentic. Oh well right? I mean what can a small dining hall with limited resources honestly produce. But no, some people complained that the food sucked and that they were OFFENDED that the dining hall didn't cook authentic armenian food. They went on to complain that the dining hall staff needs to get their facts straight and do a little research first before daring to cook "Armenian" food. HOW RUDE. Ok ITS A DINING HALL. NOT A RESTAURANT. I know it wasn't very good and not very real. but really? you have to nit-pick and act all pompous about the authenticity of the food? Is it really worth writing a nasty note complaining that some how our dining hall staff somehow infringed upon your dignity as a real Armenian person? I have nothing against Armenians. I have things against people who get offended by EVERYTHING. and complain about EVERYTHING. SO ANNOYING. and SO RUDE. And for the record, the dining hall makes "chinese/asian/thai/korean/japanese/etc" not to mention authentic food every week. You don't see me getting all puffed up and offended even if the jasmine rice sucks. and I like my rice.
ok. end rant.
No comments:
Post a Comment