Monday, January 30, 2012

Late pictures

I've been back to work for a little while now. And truth be told, I'm pretty nervous for this next half year. I know that I will be super busy and probably super stressed, but I don't know when.. I'm waiting for that impending storm.. You know what I mean? When you know things are going to get a whole lot tougher but it hasn't happened yet? Well yeah that's me right now. But to lighten things, I like to remember all the fun and good things that happened. Here are some late pictures of Chinese New Year and food in general. 
fish fillet, my mom actually asked me to take this picture because she thought  her cooking was especially beautiful that day. I agreed.

This is how we do CNY. Hot pot style.

and some chicken fingers. hehe literally. 

we also like to drink fake alcohol. Sparkling apple cider for the win!

and finally we eat tang yuan aka glutinous rice balls with black sesame filling (in this case)

So the last day of my winter break, I got to spend time with my dad in China town. We were hoping to find some fun celebrations since it was Chinese New Year Day (Day 1 of Dragon year), but Chinatown was quite dead and cold. It was a monday... so all the festivities were probably the sunday night before. Oh well.. we got to eat nice Dim Sum though! This is what was listed as "Plain Crepe with XO sauce". What the heck is XO sauce? what is a crepe? It was actually chow fun (he fen)  noodles rolled into the shape of pig intestines (fei chang) and served fried. interesting.

Stuffed eggplant with shrimp

shrimp dumpling

another type of dumpling!

So over break, I got into doing photoshop tutorials. So i transformed like 50 photos into "vintage" looking shots. By vintage, I mean de-saturated, greenish or reddish and generally messed up photos. For instance this one turned out oddly green and hazy. But i still like it.. kind of.  Its a shot of a park nearby. 

Ok i like this one because i deliberately warped/blurred it in a radial fashion. So the focus is supposed to be on the red cross. I don't know if its that great, but its pretty interesting to look at. You can kind of see where i didn't fade the edges very well.
I added a pretty obvious vignette to "vintage-ify" this photo. Haha i feel like such a hipster by deliberately/ironically/nonchalantly/indifferently changing this shot. Oh i miss those heart shaped sunglasses...

this is a weird picture of the Berlin Dome in Germany. 

tulips in the spring! I miss warm weather :\

Ok this one i edited with Instagram. So i cheated. Its a picture of a building in  Boston.  I forget which building though, must be something famous. 

No comments:

Post a Comment