Thursday, January 19, 2012

$.$

Oh my goodness. I am so broke. This winter break just killed by wallet!!! eek! Starting from Black Friday I shopped... a lot. For stuff like clothes, gifts, school supplies books, ahem texts books *rolls eyes* etc etc. and each time i made a purchase, I promised myself that i wouldn't spend any more money. But alas, my self control and will power is terrible these days. Ok I guess I am pretty frugal most of the times and I've actually thrift shopped a lot of times this past month. [shout out to jessica, holla at ya gurrl lolz]  but still! money is money and even cheap stuff costs money :(

So the other day i went to Plato's Closet with one of my friends. Yes, I know Plato's closet is pretty thrifty compared to H&M or F21 but there were some really cute little black dresses for only 8 dollars! But after evaluating them and considering my expenditures that day I decided that I should not just purchase a bunch of used clothing because I had already spent over my set allowance for the day. I felt pretty proud of myself for resisting the urge to score another deal. That was an instance of incredible self control for me.

but unfortunately my vow to spend not one more dime was broken just now..

I just bought a swimming suit from forever21. yup. Ok ok this swimming suit is actually very cheap for a swimming suit. Only 20 some dollars! Seriously my swim team suits cost like 60 dollars at least. But considering my measly bank account the nearly 30 dollar purchase (shipping included) is not ideal.

Here is a picture of the swim suit.

Its a halter one piece. Because I have been looking for a cute and cheap one piece forever! I just don't like bikinis as much. So when i noticed that forever21 restocked this swim suit, I felt like I had to get it. Also I need it for this summer because I may be working at a summer camp for a while. Ok well know I am attempting to justify my purchase... This swim suit better be worth all this guilt!

See the problem with my spending is that I'm not making anything right now, since I'm on an extended winter break. But hurray I will soon be able to return and continue my job and make up for all my recent expenses!

I wish I was one of those beauty bloggers who practically make a living by going shopping. Then maybe I wouldn't feel so guilty all the time.

Ok on to better topics! So last week, while I was home, I went onto Recipes.com and found some cool recipes to try out. They were surprisingly easy to make as well.

Coffee Cake! Did you know that coffee cake is like insanely easy to bake? For me especially because I'm not a very good baker and my oven likes to kills things. 

So the Topping is a cinnamon crumble. Bascially Cinnamon,  Sugar, Flour and Butter! mmm

I think i should have spread out the topping more. 

Oatmeal cookie with apple pecan filling. They turned out kind of small and squashy, but they tasted pretty good. 

chunky little things they are. The apple part was really easy to make. All you do is dice the apple and cook  it with brown sugar and water until thick and soft. 

The only problem with these is that since the apple has so much water, the filling can get pretty runny.  After a few days , the cookies started to get kind of soggy. These are the kind of cookie that definitely taste better warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment